I’ve had another tough week. I won’t bore you with exessive details so here’s a breakdown (not that I’m having one yet):
- Still exhausted and still working 10+ hour days
- Still stressed and not really sleeping well because of it
- Eating better
- Went to the gym once this week but did manage some home workouts (see below)
- Number of co-workers I wanted to slap this week: 2
- Number of paychecks I received this week: 0 (stupid accounts payable)
- Number of epiphanies: 2
This pattern is likely to continue for a while – this project is challenging to say the least. I am glad to be challenged but sometimes I would prefer some sleep. Minor issue really.
It’s really sad when you get your second wind at 10am.
So, the home workouts. I finally got my 30 Day Shred DVD (Jillian Michaels, you are the devil). It’s crazy – 20 minutes of pain and then suffering the next day. It’s so funny though – every point that I reach where I want to quit, she stops and gives us a pep talk of sorts – almost like she KNOWS when I’m fading. Jillian, are you watching me?
And my epiphanies?
- I cannot drink coffee during the workday. We’ve had free Starbucks at work for the past week so I’ve been drinking up. And crashing. And drinking up. And crashing. I know that I’m tired generally but these crashes are not right. And yesterday, when I was *thisclose* to napping at my desk by 2pm, I realised that this could be connected. So we’ll see – I’ll stick to the green tea and same insane schedule and hopefully the crashes will go.
- I always thought I was a morning person. After 2 weeks of getting up at 5:30am, I realise that I am definitely not a fan of mornings.
Any relaxation/stress reduction tips for a super stressed gemfit?
Hope everyone has a great weekend!