Firstly, did you remember to change your clocks – we’re springing forward y’all!
I feel jet-lagged without the fun of a vacation.
An update is due though:
- I bought a new scale because my old one only measured in half pounds and plus, I thought it was being a little too nice to me. I also wanted a scale with body fat % etc. I got my wish and sadly, I was right about my old scale being too nice – I’ve gained 3lbs on the new one. Bah. But it looks pretty so I’ll forgive it.
- I went shopping yesterday and spent money I don’t really have (since payroll AGAIN mailed my paycheque to me instead of delivering it in-house last week. Boo) but I needed a boost and new colourful clothes. Plus an outfit for my cousin’s barmitzvah next week. Yes, I’m sure I had something I could have worn in my closet but family events are so few and far between it’s nice to dress up. Thoughts? (please ignore the hair – I haven’t styled it etc and plus it’s Sunday afternoon).
- I also bought a bunch of other super cute work clothes and finally found some nice pants! Obviously, they need to be shortened (I’m not tall and they’re made for giants) but I can get that done during the week and I’m set.
- I’m going to get myself to the gym later today and then will have completed everything I set out to do this week – 5 workouts in total. Yay me.
- Depression-wise: I’m getting there. Pulling myself up slowly. Spent the day out with people all day yesterday – caught up with ex-roommate over brunch, went to bookclub, went shopping and out to dinner with another friend. I have to make myself be more social when I’m feeling like this, otherwise I’ll just sink further and that ‘aint gonna happen!
- Hope you guys had a great weekend 🙂