I started this post a few times and then realised that you know what, I have nothing profound or interesting enough going through my head to make up an entire post. Instead, this is some of the randomness available to me:
- Never drink a full bottle of water when you’re on a conference call that you’re moderating and you can’t dash out to go to the bathroom. My bladder hated me this morning through my 90 minute call.
- I’m trying to slowly work my way through the randomness that is my pantry – I seem to have a habit of buying cans of beans and pasta sauce and then forgetting they’re there. Anyone else have this problem? I’m working on not going grocery shopping for at least a week, just to force myself to work through the pantry. Maybe some real menu planning would help!
- Somehow I got attacked by mosquitos the other night and my back is COVERED in bites. I’m super super itchy but determined not to scratch because I know from experience that once I start, I ‘aint stopping. The only thing I find that really helps is icing the bites but I don’t have an ice-pack at work.
- I’m slowly selling a few things on craigslist – my toaster oven is gone, my printer is going tomorrow and I’ve sold my dining table and chairs to a friend who is kindly letting me continue using it until I leave. Slowly slowly. Next step is to get some boxes from work and start boxing up and shipping my books and some clothes.
- Layoffs suck. We’ve just had a huge round of them in the office and our division is reeling. My team emerged relatively unscathed except for our GM, but some other teams are in tatters. I feel for the people who’ve been let go and also for the team members left behind. There’s a bit of “why them and not me?” going around.
- On a slightly gross topic, I think one of my toenails might be infected – it’s gone a bit yellow on one side. Any suggestions other than go to a doctor, since I only noticed it this morning and I can’t go to the doctor again this week. I’m planning on hitting up the drugstore on the way home but eeewwwww. I didn’t see it before because I had polish over it.
- I feel like being a hermit but I know it’s not ideal so I’m forcing myself to leave the apartment tonight and go out to a friend’s for a potluck. I know it will be fun but I’m in a little bit of a funk so I’m decidedly anti-social right now.
That’s about it for the moment. More randomness to follow I’m sure. How’s everyone else’s week going?